Friday, August 13, 2010


Right, so I found this on my door jamb this morning.
It's been there all day.
I threatened it with death if I found it in my garden.
Will it eat my whole garden? Will it bring its friends or lay eggs?
Bottom line: Should I take it away now (and will it find its way back)?
(And is it a cricket or a locust? I know what locusts do! lol, or not!)


If someone could tell me what kind of pepper this is I will be greatful.
Joseph thought he was buying a bell pepper.
I think it's either a banana pepper
or a ghost pepper.

Can you spot the bell pepper?

Aren't my tomatoes pretty?
(There are 5)
And these, too. There are 5 one one plant
and 4 on the other.

But Some of these things are not like the others.
Some of these things do not belong.

Yep. That there is blossom end rot.
If any of you know how to fix it
I am open for suggestions.
It's on two of my three tomato plants.


And here are the onions. I pulled up the ones who's tops had fallen over, but...
They, too, were miniature,
just like all the other fruit coming from my garden.
Seriously, does anyone have any suggestions?

Here's the mint, chamomile w/tons of flowers,
and the thyme is resurrecting. :)

Here are my peas:

And my carrots:

I think I'm having gardening issues. Or maybe it's that my garden isn't issuing as expected. Why the deformed carrots and the stunted peppers?


And then there's the pesky chipmunk who steals the strawberries
while they're still green:
Yep, all of those little broken off stems
yesterday had little green strawberries attached.


I should get on the ball
and go get some netting and sticks to make a protecting cage.

Maybe I'll be more informed and better prepared next year.

Until then, it's all an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment